- A cosmopolitan city with a rich medieval heritage and National award winners in Tidy Towns, Entante Florale and National Enterprise Towns.
- Kilkenny’s reputation in the commercial, civic, social, design and sporting arena has been achieved through hard work, determination and a respect for history, heritage and tradition.
- The transformation of the former Brewery Site into a modern new quarter with Commercial, Educational, Recreational and Residential uses is underway in the heart of our Historic City.
- A creative hotspot and home to the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland, Heritage Council, Cartoon Saloon, Lighthouse Studios and Grennan Mill Craft School with plans afoot for a new school of jewellery in Thomastown.
- One of only five regions worldwide designated as a World Craft City and Region and home to the Made in Kilkenny Group http://madeinkilkenny.ie/
- The City of Festivals with world-renowned festivals such as the Kilkenny Arts Festival, the Cat Laughs Comedy Festival, Kilkenomics, Savour Kilkenny and Yulefest.
- A place for history buffs, with Ireland’s Medieval Mile stretching from Kilkenny Castle to St Canice’s Cathedral while the county boasts the famous Cistercian Jerpoint and Duiske Abbeys dating back to the 12th century.
- Sport is a key part of life for the people of Kilkenny and they are proud to be home of the famous ‘Kilkenny Cats’ hurling team, All Ireland Camogie champion team, Kilkenny Rugby Club, Kilkenny City Harriers Athletic Club and a number of football clubs such as Evergreen and Freebooters.
- A county of theatre lovers with gems such as the Set, Watergate Theatre, Ballykeeffe Amphitheatre, Cleere’s Theatre Barn and The Red Door.
- A shopping experience to remember, Kilkenny has countless boutiques, shops and shopping centres with everything you could want and more.
- Kilkenny is an attractive location for talented people and their families to live and work with a quality of life that other locations in Ireland can’t offer.
- Kilkenny people have some of the shortest commutes in Ireland, with 64% of people who live there travelling 30 minutes or less to work versus 48% of people in Dublin.
Population and Employment:
The population of Kilkenny County is now greater than 100,000, with more than 27,000 people living in Kilkenny City. There is a population of more than half a million within a 60km radius.
Estate Agents in Kilkenny City and County
|DNG Ella Dunphy
|9 Ormonde Street
|24 Patrick Street
|Fran Grincell Properties
|9 Dean Street
|Pat Gannon Auctioneers
|55 John Street
|Butler Court, Patrick Street
|Warren McCreery Auctioneers Valuers & Chartered Surveyors
|12 Parliament Street
|Sherry FitzGerald McCreery Kilkenny
|40 Parliament Street
|Green Door Properties
|3rd Floor, 22 Friary Street
|Dee Gibney Properties
|10 The Parade
|Property Partners Buggy
|4 Watergate, Parliament Street
|Clodagh Daly Auctioneers Ltd
|81 Johns Street
|13 John Street
|Cillín Hill Auctioneers
|Joseph Coogan Auctioneer and Valuer
|Sharon O Brien Auctioneers Ltd
|Thomas O Dwyer and Sons
|Seamus Callanan Auctioneers