ACCESSIBILITY AND TRANSPORT LINKS:
- Kilkenny is the closest city to Dublin and just 90 minutes from Dublin Airport via the M9 Motorway
- Kilkenny is a gateway to Waterford, Cork, Limerick and Galway
- Home to Ireland’s closest multi-modal port to Europe at Belview
- Irish Rail operates a train service from Kilkenny MacDonagh to Dublin Heuston six times a day between 06:35 and 19:15. The journey takes approximately 90 minutes.
- There is a train service between Kilkenny and Waterford up to seven times a day and the journey takes just under 40 minutes.
- The Big Green Bus service operates between Kilkenny and Dublin City Centre up to 9 times per day between 04:40 and 21:40. The journey takes approximately 105 minutes.
- There are a number of private bus operators operating routes between Dublin and Kilkenny daily also.
- There are up to 8 coaches daily operating between Kilkenny and Cork City, and more than 15 services between Kilkenny and Waterford daily.
- The City of Kilkenny has a bus service operated by City Direct and running buses around the City from 07:00 each morning until 22:30 each night.
- Bolt, the European mobility champion, has launched its second electric bike service in Kilkenny; the first of its kind in the South East.
Big Green Bus:
Kilkenny City Bus Service:
J.J. Kavanagh Bus Services: